Thursday, May 24, 2007

:)

The world didn’t stop turning. There were no Chinese drums. No war dances. He just came behind me and said Dhivya. I looked up and I knew. I was waiting for this day for weeks now. But perhaps part of me has waited for years. It had seemed just around the corner last January, yet fate had other plans in store for me. For a split second I thought about what would have happened had I not decided to make the choice I did. Would I have been married and with family? Or would I have been partying every night? But today it was worth the wait. Because no words can describe the happiness I felt. I could have snatched it from his hand. My first cheque. My first mehnat ki kamai.

Ab maan ki aankh ka operation, munni ki shaadi and papa ki dawai. ….naaah, shopping!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the corporate world...senoritta....wait till you get your first real salary....I knw hw I spent it..and you dont need a brain to guess how....

10:23 PM  
Blogger Rohit said...

My reaction when I first got my joining bonus was more like.. "hmmm OK." I'm so boring.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

J

2:16 AM  
Blogger Kofpherhein said...

so u gonna get smethng fr me frm the salary!!!!
hope u are...

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont forget Bhayya ki mithai.... enjoy the fruits of the labour.... :-)

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats :

After all the bhaiya ki mitahi, maa ki dawaii and anshi behan ki saaree, please dont forget the MT-ST partii !

:)

Congrats again :)

-SG

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home