Monday, April 24, 2006

What is in a name?

Although I agree I exaggerate sometimes (ok, always) to dramatise things and situations, this happened for real...
Today a classmate told me this story. Couple of days in one of the waking interludes he was reading a newspaper and his room-mate was orkutting.Somehow the roomie reached my profile and my scrap book (for people from Jupiter orkut is a kind of networking portal where you meet and can chat with other people including strangers.You leave messages in people's scrapbook)
Suddenly he goes yaar,yeh dhivya bhi gazab ki ladki hai..kya kya likhti hai..his tone implied I had fallen even below the low levels of morality expected from me..
so my classmate jumps up,flings his newspaper aside and comes to have a look at what new kaand I have created..and there it was another testimony to my loose character..I had scrapped a guy asking Are you in nitie?
It would have been probably one of my future classmates who might have sent me a friend request.The roomie had interpreted nitie,the institute name as nighty as in lingerie...and had thought i was asking some guy if he was in nighty!!
(a guy in nighty..interesting possibilities there...pink floral print..no polka dotted...)
So people I know its not as famous as some other b-schools but it is one of the best..I am actually inclined at this point of time to preferring it over MDI,Gurgaon where am waitlisted because of its better placement in the sector of my choice..
so for further info check out life at nitie and b-school rankings
And yes please it aint NIIT either..another friend asked why I was taking computer certification program after B.tech in Comp Science...
I mean I know I have susupect technical knowledge but....

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

let me the first one to comment on this .........coz i have been closely related to this event, this depicts the true ooonth culture ........

5:34 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

MDI ranked 3rd in your b-school ranking...wow...guess what I got a call and didnt even bother attending its interview...:)....anyways the nighty...oops..NITIE part was funny...

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

life at nitie? i thought it would be life in nitie!!! :)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Theja said...

I faced similar probs too.. Ppl mistook NITIE for NIT( the Old RECs ) or NIIT( Phew!! ). But any one remotely related to MBA wud acknowledge its prestige.

Guy in Nighty...hahaha..I hv this problem of imagining things while reading.

3:23 PM  
Blogger d_grail said...

@tarun
seen ur obscene site..will nt recognise u in future ;)
@batty
:)
@anonymous
that is the name of site so just put it as it was
@theja
ooh i av dat problem too...i imagined in a lacy number...

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey grail! Good to hear that you're goin to be in Bombay - my most beloved Indian city. Though miles and seas away, I still remember the days I spent there - the crowd, the malls, three movies back to back at adlabs..hmmmm, I miss the city. I'm sure you'll like it if you stay away from the local trains..

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u havent changed at all woman!!!!..but rather the sarci sence has improved...when are u gonna write ur aurobiography where u promised a chapter on the green auto ride (plz i need to feature in at least one bestseller!!)

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home