Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Why do I blog and other existantial queries

People often ask me why do you blog and often what/who is dgrail?
When I started this blog, I was well...bored and just wanted to know what this blogging thingy was all about. I was/still am reading a ton of blogs on almost daily basis and hence wanted to kind of know where I stood. A good blog with sparkling wit can really make your day. Truly user generated content is mind boggling-either superlative or just bad writing.
I began by sharing my life,sometimes writing about my experiances, sometimes about movies seen, books read or simply time-pass tests taken.Begining in 2005, Dgrailed recorded most of my student life with its ups and downs.
Why D_grail?
It was 2am at night I created this blog, immediately after finishing Dan Brown's best seller-Da Vinci Code. That kinda explains it right?
Over the time Dgrailed for me became symbolic of my "derailed" kinda twisty turning life with its oops moments and its aaawwwww moments.
With this blog I fulfil my desire to write and more importantly to be read.No shame in admitting that. The comments counter would often encourage and discourage.
Although I began anonymously soon enough I was using gebuine names and places.

But now I think its time to move on. For the first time in 3 years I am thinking of closing down Dgrailed. I cant stop blogging so am thinking of a couple of options.
Please let me know your opinions or thoughts. As comments and not on gtalk :)

1. Shut down Dgrailed and get lost in the virtual world.
2. Start another blog and link it here.
3. Start another anonymous blog with no links to this.
4. Continue Dgrailed side by side the new blog.
5. Use Dgrailed for certain type of posts and the other blog for humor.
6. Whatever, dude!

I have registered another domain. Lets see how things work out...


Edited add: Most people asked for a "solid" reason for thinking of this step. The biggest one is most of my readers are people I know (thanks to beating of the drum by self) which limits what I would wish to write. After reading something like Sunny Days I felt that I have things I need to write about which may not go along with my common perception.


Also I begin my job soon and part of me worries someone I work with, report to reads as I crib about work or write about how homesick or love lorn I feel or well just how often the foot is inside the mouth. of course I can totally sanitise my blog. But then it would no longer be the personal space I want it to be.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeetendra Ashok said...

How does it even matter if u change the name of ur blog..... people read it because they like reading what u write....... and what u write has got nothing to do with the "grail" and stuff like that..... at the end of the day it is just a hyperlink.... wether it is dgrailspeaks or ddhivspeaks or some other name.... it just does not matter.... if u want to move on.... move on from what you write and not move on from a hyperlink :) ........ i guess a very long comment :P

4:44 PM  
Blogger SG said...

Hellos,

1. No you should not shut down your blog. Because there are people who might enjoy what and how you write.

2. Being anonymous on Internet is no help. People who want to reach you will be able to track you and people who dont want to read your thoughts would ignore you even if you screamed on top of your voice.

3. However if you are thinking about shutting down for other reasons, refer here for some more thoughts.

Regards,
SG

P.S.: After all those bullet pointed rational thoughts, here is an impulsive one. Please do not.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Rohit said...

Choice 6, because at the end this is not a plebiscite.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I cant even believe people are responding to this puerile act of getting your comments column filled....people cant you see..its just one of the methods to gain readership....like dharmendra's suicide natak in sholay....u really think she will shut down this blog...

8:30 PM  
Blogger atlee said...

My sentiments...ditto batty...

I really liked this marketing gimmick
u r going to give us ITCians a good run for the money

[;)]

1:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you get time, work on the new space .. but dont close dgrailed.

[for the record]

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home